How I love the name of Jesus! Just like Rom. 10:12-13 says:
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all and rich to all who call upon Him; For “whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved”
we can be saved by calling on the name of the Lord! He is so rich, so full of the divine attributes expressed in the human virtues, so fine, so pure, with an indestructible and incorruptible life – and it’s all in the name! Whenever we call the name of the Lord Jesus, He is rich to US! We enjoy Him by calling on His dear name, His rich name!
Even more: I enjoyed that there are so many wonderful things related to the name of the Lord Jesus. Here are some of the things that we benefit of/we can do in the name of the Lord:
- We can believe into the name of the Lord(John 1:12) – to be saved! We are saved by believing in the name of the Lord Jesus!
- We can be baptized into the name of the Lord(Acts 8:16, 19:5) – we are being baptized into His person, we are put in all that He is.
- We are saved in the name of Jesus(Acts 4:12) – there’s no other name in which we are saved, only the name of the Lord Jesus!
- We are healed in the name of Jesus(Acts 3:6, 4:10) – His name is a healing name, healing our entire tripatite being(spirit, soul, and body).
- We are washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus (1 Cor. 6:11) – in His name, His Spirit sanctifies is, washes us, and justifies us!
- We can call upon the name of the Lord(Rom. 10:13; 1 Cor. 1:2) – the real help for both us and others is to just call on the name of the Lord: Lord Jesus! The best way and the easiest way for us to enjoy the Lord and touch Him is simply to call on His name!
- We can pray in the name of Jesus(John 14:13-14, 15:16, 16:24) – not just adding “in the name of Jesus I pray”, but calling on His name and being in His name/in His Person while we pray. When we pray in His name, the Father answers!
- We can be gathered into His name (Matt. 18:20) – we don’t have any other name and we don’t meet in any other name but in the name of Jesus.
- We can cast out demons in His name(Acts 16:18) – His name is powerful, and in oneness with Him, we tell demons to go! When Jesus comes, demons must flee!
- We can preach in the name of Jesus(Acts 9:27) – we speak the gospel and tell others about the Lord by being in His name! In this way, the Spirit makes things real!
- We are persecuted because of the name of Jesus(Acts 26:9) – Satan hates this name, and he instigates others to curse and persecute those who call His name. Jesus is Lord!
- We do not deny His name, and we don’t take any other name(Rev. 3:8) – just like the seemingly weaker ones in the church in Philadelphia, we don’t have any other name, and with our little power we don’t deny His name! We belong to Jesus, and Jesus is ours!
These and many other things, as the Bible reveals, are our riches and blessings when we call on the name of the Lord Jesus! O, Lord Jesus! Keep us calling on Your dear name – breathing You in – all the time!