How wonderful – today we are being saved by water: we’re saved by drinking the living water as the consummation of the processed Triune God! Just as we shared before, God’s intention in His economy is to be the fountain / the source of living waters to His people, so that they may drink of Him, be filled with Him, and overflow with Him! Just as with a flowing river, there are three aspects here:
- God the Father is the Fountain – God the Father is the source, hidden, where everything of life comes from(John 1:18). The fountain is the source of the river, and it springs up – but people don’t see the fountain, since it is deep in the earth. The same with God: God the Father is hidden, but what we see is His expression, Christ!
- God the Son is the springs / springing out of the fountain – out of the hidden fountain, there is a springing up of water! Out of the hidden God, Christ comes forth to express God in full(Col. 2:9). We cannot see God, the fountain, but we can see and enjoy Christ, who is the expression of the invisible God. And in Isaiah in particular we see that Christ is the many springs of water springing up!
- God the Spirit is the river / the flowing out of the springing water – what reaches us is the river of water of life! Here we come to drink, and the river comes into us! If we drink of the Lord Jesus, we get the Spirit(see John 7:37-39). Even more: whoever drinks of this water that Christ gives us, this water will become in him rivers of living water gushing up into eternal life! These rivers of living water are the many flows of the different aspects of life of the one unique river of water of life, which is God’s Spirit of life(Rom. 8:2)!
So now today we can draw water with rejoicing from the springs of God’s salvation – Isaiah 12:1-3 says:
1. And you will say in that day, I will praise You, O Jehovah. You were angry with me, But Your anger has turned and You have consoled me.
2. God is now my salvation; I will trust and not dread; For Jah Jehovah is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.
3. Therefore you will draw water with rejoicing From the springs of salvation,
The source is God Himself: God is our salvation! The flowing rivers of water of life carry salvation with them, and they also have salvation as their source! When God’s salvation is experienced by us, this salvation becomes our strength, and eventually it will be our song and our praising! When we drink of this living water by calling on the name of the Lord(the most simple way to drink), this living water becomes in us a fountain of living waters flowing out/gushing up into eternal life! When we receive this water, it becomes many streams flowing within us: God as our salvation is the fountain, Christ is the springs of salvation for our enjoyment and experience, and the Spirit is the flow of this salvation within us! Salvation is drink-able – we can drink God as our salvation, and in this way we are practically saved! This is something we see in both the Old and the New Testament: the living water is God’s practical salvation for His people! As we drink the processed and consummated Triune God as the Spirit through the exercise of our spirit, we are being practically saved! This water comes within us and saves us from all kinds of problems, bondages, and issues we may have! Hallelujah for God’s “liquid salvation” that is drinkable! We can drink and we are saved! Lord, keep us drinking of You today! [enjoyment from the morning revival in the Crystallization-study of Isaiah(1) and the Life-Study of Isaiah] [Read this portion also in Spanish / Puede leer esta porción también en español, El Dios Triuno procesado y consumado como el agua de vida que fluye es nuestra salvación práctica]