Wow, every day this wonderful Christ becomes richer and richer, fuller and fuller, and more enjoyable! This morning I enjoyed that in the book of Philippians Christ is everything to us in our experience to be our salvation not just eternally, for the long term, but also day to day, moment-by-moment! I don’t know about you, but I need to be freshly saved in every moment of the day! God’s salvation is not just eternal, but it is also daily – we daily experience Christ in His many aspects as our practical salvation! In every chapter in the book of Philippians we see some aspects of Christ as our salvation:
- In Philippians 1 we see that salvation is to live Christ and magnify Christ in any circumstance. Christ is our long-term salvation!
- In Philippians 2 we see that this salvation is to reflect Christ by holding forth the word of life. In this chapter Christ is our daily salvation!
- In Philippians 3 we see that salvation is the righteousness of God, who is God Himself embodied in Christ.
- In Philippians 4 we see a life that is true, honorable, righteous, pure, lovely, well-spoken of, and full of virtue and praise. This life is Christ – Christ is all the virtues of our humanity.
All we need to do today is to enjoy this wonderful Christ as our life, our living, our pattern, our expression, our goal, our seeking, our strength, and our secret! How do we enjoy Him as such a One? Paul gives us the key in Phil. 1:19-21 where he says,
19. For I know that for me this will turn out to salvation through your petition and the bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20. According to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I will be put to ashame, but with all boldness, as always, even now Christ will be magnified in my body, whether through life or through death.
21. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
This all-inclusive living wonderful Person of the Lord Jesus Christ today is in the bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ – in time, the Triune God passed through the process of incarnation, human living, crucifixion, and resurrection, and He became the life-giving Spirit – the Consummated Spirit, as the Spirit of Jesus Christ! As such a Spirit He is bountifully supplying us to live the divine life in the human life, to be saved daily, and to express Christ in our living! Paul here admits that it is the Spirit of Jesus Christ who became his salvation – and this salvation is not “salvation from his chains/from prison”! This salvation was being saved from being weak so that he may magnify Christ in his body whether he lives or dies! Paul didn’t ask the Lord to save him from his environment(which was: prison!), but he just desired to experience this bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ so that he may magnify Christ without being defeated! This is salvation to the highest level – being saved into magnifying Christ in whatever situation or circumstance we are in!
We take Christ as our life for our living by this Spirit of Jesus Christ – when we enjoy the Spirit with our spirit, we take Christ as our pattern for our expression and we take Christ as our goal and pursuit in our seeking! By enjoying this wonderful Christ as the Spirit today we become able to do all things in Christ who strengthens us – and this is our secret! It is not of us, it is not from us or in ourselves, but it is all of this wonderful Spirit in our spirit as the bountiful supply and as our daily salvation! How much we need to be saved more today by enjoying this bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ so that we may live Christ and magnify Him wherever we are, with whomever we are, and whatever we do! [short enjoyment from, The Experience and Growth in Life, by brother Witness Lee] [Read this portion also in Spanish / Puede leer esta porción también en español, El Cristo todo-inclusivo como el Espíritu de Jesucristo es nuestra salvación diaria, en cada momento]
Lord, keep us enjoying You today! Thank You for becoming the Spirit of Jesus Christ as the bountiful supply for our daily life! Save us from not living and magnifying Christ! Keep us turning from anything and anyone else unto You – and taking You in as our continual supply! Lord, we need to be saved much more today! Be our salvation today that we may magnify You! This is what we desire, Lord – Not for You to take us OUT of our situation, but for You to supply us that we may not fail to magnify You! Be magnified in us, Lord!