In the previous article entitled “we need to pass through Gilgal, Bethel, Jericho, and the river Jordan – for the new creation!” we saw that there are four main stations we need to pass through so that we may be completely OUT of the old creation and into the new creation. One of these stations is Jericho – where we fight against the evil spiritual forces in the air. How do we fight? Many Christians think that we personally put on the whole armor of God and fight with “all our might” – but there are some basic yet vital principles for us fighting the spiritual warfare – in the Body of Christ and through the Word of God! Here are some of these principles(summary from a recent speaking in the Crystallization-study of Isaiah(2) message 2 – Living in the Reality of the New Creation)
- Fight the battle in the Body! Never fight it on your own! We need the Body’s supply and protection in order for us to fight the battle – we can’t fight and shouldn’t try to fight on our own! See Eph. 6:10-20 – we need to take our stand in the Body and do everything in, through, and for the Body, and fight the battle in the Body! As we stand in the Body and fight in the Body, the God of peace will crush Satan under our feet shortly!
- We need to believe in God’s word! 2 Cor. 4:13 – we have a spirit of faith to believe and to speak! You cannot believe by yourself and from yourself – until you exercise your spirit of faith! Our mind is full of doubts, but our spirit is faith! We need to exercise our spirit to believe what the Word of God says!
- We need to act according to His Word and believe that we will see the results of carrying out His Word! What His Word says is true, real, and will be accomplished: we believe it and we act according to it, fully believing that we will see the results of carrying out His Word! If it were someone else’s word, we can doubt: but what God’s word says is true and it shall come to pass!
- We need to stand in the position that Christ has given us! According to Eph. 2:6, we are in resurrection with Him! No matter how we feel, we are in resurrection! We are seated together with Christ in the heavenlies! Actually, even more, we are in ascension! The higher ground means everything in the battle – we have the highest ground in the universe: we are in ascension with Christ! The people of Israel defeated Jericho(a high city with high walls and very fortified) according to some specific instructions(6 days in a row encircle the city once, and on the 7th, 7 times, then shout!) – why? Why taking such a “peculiar way to fight the battle?” I don’t know – but it was God’s instruction! The city will fall, so go and destroy it! – this is what happened, and this is how we win the battle, by standing with Christ in His ascension!
- We need to bear the ark – we need to exalt Christ! Christ is our testimony, Christ is our expression, and we are daily magnifying Him(as Paul did – even though he was in prison, he magnified Christ in his body)!
- We need to take the Lord’s way without expressing any thoughts, feelings, and opinions. Especially when you’re going out to preach the gospel, don’t express your opinions to your teammates – just be one with them! Sometimes you may “take an incorrect way” but if there is the one accord in spirit, the Lord will bless it! Whatever you do in the Body, don’t express your opinions, feelings, or thoughts! Learn to keep the one accord by dropping your thoughts, your opinions, and your feelings. You may speak them out, but “leave them on the table” – don’t insist on them, don’t emphasize them, and don’t force others to take them as their own! In fighting the enemy in the Body we’re learning to deny ourselves and take the way of the one accord and the oneness with the saints!
- Blow the trumpets and shout! We need to testify and proclaim the word of God with Christ through faith in God’s word of instruction! God spoke, therefore we proclaim His Word according to His instruction! We believe in God’s word and we proclaim God’s word – and it shall come to pass!
Thank You Lord we are in the Body of Christ! We are members in the Body and we fight in the Body and as the Body! We believe in Your Word and we speak Your Word! You Word will come to pass – whatever You said, Lord, shall be done! Thank You for the position of resurrection and ascension! We are now in Christ, the victorious One! We fight from this position – from ascension! O, Lord, may we deny our opinions, our thoughts, and our feelings – for the sake of the one accord! Help us simply drop anything else that can hinder the one accord being practiced! Lord, gain the full victory through us! Execute Your judgement over the enemy through a built-up group of people!